FAMILIES NEED OUR HELP!!
Hala Kahiki Youth Volleyball Club lost ALL their team uniforms, coaches apparel and equipment when their club director's house was lost to the recent Marshall Fire. Please help us by making a donation and sharing this GoFundMe. The 50+ youth athletes and coaches have their first competition on January 23rd. We are desperately trying to get items replaced for them so they can have a successful season in spite of the devastation caused by the fires. Thank you so very much!!
Hala Kahiki was profiled on thedenverchannel.com Channel 7 news.
Elevation 14 Peak Boys Wins Open Bid!!
The RMR wants to congratulate the Elevation 14 Peak Boys team for earning an Open Bid in Chicago for the 2022 USA Volleyball Boys Junior National Championships!
Elevation 14 Peak Boys
RMR CLASSIC TOURNAMENT REsults:
We are aware that many of the event results currently displayed by TM2sign are incomplete, inaccurate, or displaying incorrectly. This is due to the ongoing technical problem at TM2sign. Their engineers are working on solutions; we appreciate your understanding and patience.
The RMR has begun its 2022 season. Many of you have written to ask questions about the season and how we will manage several very important issues. Of course, many issues, especially regarding COVID, are continually changing. Please keep an eye on this page, as we seek to answer your questions as best we can!
1) Will spectators be allowed in competition facilities this season? Answer: At this time, individual counties are responsible for setting COVID restrictions such as the occupancy limits of 2021, which led us to limit spectator access. None of the counties in our footprint have implemented occupancy limits as yet, so SPECTATORS ARE ALLOWED.
2) What about Masks? Answer: Currently six of the nine counties that we operate in require masks be worn indoors in public locations. In an attempt to keep the RMR experience consistent across our wide footprint, and with the goal of improving overall safety for our athletes, we ask that ALL RMR sites (in all counties) play under a mask requirement. Like last year, we will try to be reasonable in enforcement. Officials, for example, have been instructed to allow an extra moment between rallies, so that athletes might step away, lower their mask, and quickly catch their breath when necessary. Our goal is to be both safe and reasonable, within the limits of the laws of our region. These regulations will be subject to weekly review as COVID and governmental restrictions change, of course.
We also ask that you respect any additional requirements that our RMR event-hosts feel are necessary at their venue. Please be polite, and remember that our primary goal is to keep our athletes on-court, SAFELY!
3) I see that team rankings have been posted. How were those calculated? Answer: In the PIL all teams are hand-ranked by the Girls Junior Committee. In the Power Series, our SOS computer program looks at each team, and asks how well the teams that your incoming players played for last year did. The cumulative strength of your new players is divided by the number of players on your new team to generate a "cumulative player strength ranking" (CPSR) for the team. As your team plays through the season, their MATCH records (last year it was SET records) will drive the team ranking up or down. But don't forget that the strength of ALL of your opponents, and how all of them perform through the entire season, will continue to effect your ranking as well.
4) My team is ranked in a big tie at the bottom of our age-group, but we have some solid players. How can that happen? Answer: Some teams have players that are "unknown" to our system. They may have come in from other regions, or may be new to club volleyball even thought they have performed well in CHSSA. Also, teams who have not created and/or validated their rosters at RMR may have been assigned to "shared-last" rank. If your team seems to be seeded well out of position, please have your Director contact the RMR immediately. Also remember that under our ever-improving SOS program, teams that win can "climb the ladder" quite quickly!
5) How can I check my teams' progress each week? Answer: Each Sunday evening we post that day's results at TM2sign/results. Monday morning, we "run" SOS based on those results, and update the overall Team Rankings.
6) We'd like to plan our team travel. When will we know where our team will play? Answer: Each Monday evening, following publication of updated team rankings, we assign and publish pools and sites for the Power coming up that Sunday.
6b) Isn't that really late? We like to plan ahead, and need to make hotel reservations! Answer: We understand that "6-day notice" isn't ideal from the family perspective. Please understand that we are balancing several factors here. For example, team registration only closes 9 days before a given competition. That's good for teams and participation! Also remember that SOS can only be updated after Sunday competition, because the teams there (even though they aren't in your odd/even group) DO affect YOUR team ranking as they win and lose. Everyone is interconnected under the Stength-of-Schedule system (SOS).
7) My family enjoys watching our daughter play RMR volleyball, on BallerTV. How do I sign up this year, and do we enjoy a discount? Answer: Please see the posted information and sign-up-links on our BallerTV page! (Don't forget your 20%-off coupon code "RMR22")
Our Heartfelt Sympathy to Those Impacted by the Boulder Fires
The recent fires in and around Boulder have almost certainly impacted members of our volleyball family. We are aware of at least 7 RMR families who have lost their homes...
Interested in helping the families and businesses that were so hard-hit?
BALLISTIC, ROUGHRIDERS, and COLORADO-ELITE have set up donation pages in support of member families who lost their homes. Professional "aid" programs like the Colorado-Wildfire-Support Fund, at CDP (or thorough other dedicated support agencies like these) are also available, in support of ALL the victims of this disaster.
Please join us in offering our caring support to the families of the RMR and everyone across the region, for their losses.